Below, please review information on our many opportunities—one may be a great fit for your family.
- Central Valley Virtual Learning Elementary School (CVVL) is a K-5 virtual learning program established as a Choice School two years ago for students and families who benefit from a flexible schedule. This setting is perfect for students who thrive with individualized learning, tailored to their academic level with individual and group support. Their work is guided by a highly qualified Central Valley teacher with a smaller class size to support personalized student needs. Some highlights include: focused, skill group instruction; the option for your child to participate in enrichment activities (coding, circuitry, art, etc.); and an optional in-person day each week for students to work in teams, develop friendships, go on field trips, and participate in hands-on learning opportunities. With this Alternative Learning Experience, you ultimately can choose how much involvement or support you would like for your child to receive.
- Learn more about CVVL… Join our virtual information meeting to see what CVVL is about (click for zoom link). If you can’t make the meeting, please feel free to call 509-558-5722.
- Progress Elementary is a K-5 Choice School that is dedicated to nurturing and guiding students' curiosity. Through inquiry-based learning, students are encouraged to develop deeper, tangible questions by inquiring and investigating topics as well as what draws their interest to discover answers. Students move amongst classrooms to explore and investigate chosen topics of interest – or explorations – in greater depth. They are given the opportunity to collaborate with other learners while investigating related topics. We believe when curiosity is engaged, students are inclined to learn from each other and for themselves using a multitude of resources and 21st century skills. Progress cultivates a curious and caring community of learners. For more information, please contact the school at 509-558-4500 or visit the Progress website.
- Spokane Valley Learning Academy (SVLA) is a K-8 Choice School. K-5 is designed to support parents who want the flexibility to provide instruction at home for their child. SVLA assists parents by providing curriculum – whether paper and pencil and/or digital – with guidance and state reporting help from a certificated teacher. Additionally, SVLA offers engaging and hands-on workshops and weekly on-campus classes. Most SVLA families participate in some or all on-campus options, while some families choose to provide instruction 100% at home. SVLA supports a parent’s choice to teach their child at home. For more information, go to the SVLA website or call 509-558-5700 to schedule an informational tour.
- Summit School is a K-8 Choice School founded on the principles of expeditionary learning, through project-based, real-world, authentic learning experiences. Students undertake tasks that require perseverance, fitness, craftsmanship, imagination, self-discipline, and significant achievement. Teachers help students overcome fears and discover they can do more than they think. Summit’s learning incorporates mandatory field work and adventure. This adventure piece is a scaffolded program that often includes off-site learning opportunities to promote team building and character development. For example, students participate in snowshoeing at local parks, bike riding on the Centennial and Hiawatha Trails, initiatives and high ropes courses and overnight trips. If you are interested in learning more about Summit School, please contact the office at 509-558-3250 or go to Summit’s web site.
Thank you for taking the time to review these opportunities that may be fit for your family.